LIA- the first day
Hello to everyone from light in africa
I'm at an internet cafe right now, with very, VERY slow connections so I don't have time to type very much.
We started at light in africa yesterday, and it has been a really eye-opening experience. They are in the process of moving all of the volunteers out of the main house- so accomodations are not fantastic. But there is plenty to do, with the nursery right behind the main house. Today we went to "tudor village". There are 5 houses currently being built ,2 of them are finished already. One is home to toddlers, and the other to little girls. These are all children that have been abandoned and placed on LIA's front door. They are so sweet, the kids. The nursery has about 20 babies, from newborn to about a year. They had 6 dropped off last week. Many of them are disabled, and a few have HIV/AIDS. LIA provides round the clock care.
Tomorrow i might be heading to the dispensary for the day. I don't have any medical training, but any extra hands help.
Next week I plan to spend my time is "meriani" food kitchen. It is in a poverty-stricken coal-mining area of tanzania, and the kitchen feeds 400 people a day, 6 days a week. Without these 2 meals a day, most of the residents would not survive.
The other volunteers are all over the place, i'm still learning the ropes so it'll take a while to get into the swing of things.
Blessings to all!
K
I'm at an internet cafe right now, with very, VERY slow connections so I don't have time to type very much.
We started at light in africa yesterday, and it has been a really eye-opening experience. They are in the process of moving all of the volunteers out of the main house- so accomodations are not fantastic. But there is plenty to do, with the nursery right behind the main house. Today we went to "tudor village". There are 5 houses currently being built ,2 of them are finished already. One is home to toddlers, and the other to little girls. These are all children that have been abandoned and placed on LIA's front door. They are so sweet, the kids. The nursery has about 20 babies, from newborn to about a year. They had 6 dropped off last week. Many of them are disabled, and a few have HIV/AIDS. LIA provides round the clock care.
Tomorrow i might be heading to the dispensary for the day. I don't have any medical training, but any extra hands help.
Next week I plan to spend my time is "meriani" food kitchen. It is in a poverty-stricken coal-mining area of tanzania, and the kitchen feeds 400 people a day, 6 days a week. Without these 2 meals a day, most of the residents would not survive.
The other volunteers are all over the place, i'm still learning the ropes so it'll take a while to get into the swing of things.
Blessings to all!
K

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home